Traveling long distances in either a car or plane can bring back and neck pain for many, but there are some techniques that can prevent the discomfort of travel.
- Men should remove wallets from back pockets while driving to relieve pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Stop every few hours to stretch and keep muscles loose.
- If you're in the car for a long drive or ride, roll up a towel or place a small pillow behind your lower back to support the lumbar spine.
- Onboard an aircraft, place your feet on either a briefcase or other small bag under the seat in front of you.
- Also, onboard, place a pillow behind your lower back, and stand up every hour to ward off back and neck discomfort.