- Avoid sitting for long periods of time.
- If you do have to sit for long periods, such as at the office, stand, walk around, and bend or twist gently at regular intervals.
- Invest in an ergonomically designed chair or an orthopedic insert to support your spine.
- Roll up a towel and place it behind your lower back.
- When traveling via air, raise your feet on a briefcase or bag underneath the seat in front of you. Place a travel pillow behind your lower back and try to get up every hour by walking to the bathroom.