Heather A. Blackburn, MD
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Heather Blackburn joined Spine Team Texas in 2006, where her skills as a physiatrist have been essential. Utilizing skills in management, treatment, and innovation, she provides nonsurgical relief of neck and back pain for her patients. She highly-trained and specializes in neuromonitoring, electromyography and nerve conduction studies.
Through her commitment to the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Dr. Blackburn is a board examiner for new physicians entering the field of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Practicing in North Texas brings Dr. Blackburn almost full circle as she grew up in nearby Paris, Texas. Ever since she was a little girl, she was drawn to the field of medicine and becoming a physician. Her journey with breast and thyroid cancer reaffirmed that her desire to be a physician was God’s calling on her life, and makes her very familiar with both sides of the exam room.
Areas of expertise/services provided:
- EMG/nerve conduction studies
- Peripheral joint injections
- Physical rehabilitation
- Oral medication management
- Emphasis on providing comprehensive diagnostic studies to help determine possible treatment options
- Multimodal approach including lifestyle modification, weight loss, exercise, rehabilitation, medications, and injections
- Management of acute and chronic musculoskeletal pain for functional restoration